Friday, June 17, 2016

2016 Apple WWDC Keynote Including Watch OS 3


2016 Apple WWDC Keynote
Including Watch OS 3

Apple showcased the upcoming Watch OS 3 at the World Wide Developers Conference in San Francisco today. Kevin Lynch from Apple gives the presentation on The Apple Watch Update in the WWDC video, which begins at 8 minutes and 30 seconds into the video. I highly recommend watching the entire Keynote, which is ver impressive...


My overall impression of the WWDC was amazing!!!! I am most impressed with the significant advancements with the HomeKit, including the Home App [1Hour 19 Minutes in to the video] for iOS and Watch OS. 

As many of you know, I stopped writing about the Apple Watch after it was launched. I did so because I purchased the stainless steel Apple watch, along with several straps, and ended up returning it because I thought it was so frustrating to use. I found the watch UI to be way to kludgy, and slow.  In particular, I found it very cumbersome and tedious to get to any information or apps. Also, the overall performance of the watch was way too sluggish. The Apple Watch felt like a Beta product that was not ready for prime time, and I didn't want to pay a lot of money to be a Beta Tester!!?!


Promising Future of Watch OS 3

Even thought I don't wear an Apple Watch today, I have been keeping abreast of the changes, and with the preview of Apple Watch OS 3 seems AMAZING!!!! So I am looking forward to checking it out.

In the meantime, several thoughts on the current state of the Apple Watch:

1. I am completely blown-away with the Apple Watch ability to instantly change straps and bracelets. This is my single most favorite feature, and something I look forward to exploring in the future in detail. In other words, it is amazing to me that by simply changing the strap/bracelet on the Apple Watch it can complete change looks.

2. My least favorite feature, which was not addressed in the WWDC Keynote is that Apple has not opened up the the actual timekeeping/ watch User Interface to developers. I think most of the existing Apple watch faces are lame, and I believe Apple should open up the UI so third-party developers can customize it, as well as offering much more flexibility to end users. 

3. I think some of the new feature of Watch OS 3 are stunningly brilliant. The ability to authenticate you Mac password with an Apple Watch is amazing. I am also impressed with the new feature that allows you to write gestures in response to text messages. As previously mentioned, I am super impressed with the advancements in the HomeKit platform, and how it can all be controlled with the Apple Watch!!!!

As I mentioned, I am really looking forward to Watch OS3, and I am curios to see the advancements in the second generation of Apple Watch Hardware. I assume Apple will keep the form-factor similar, and most importantly, I assume they will keep it backwards compatible with all their brilliant straps and bracelets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU ENJOY JAKE'S APPLE WATCH WORLD BE CERTAIN TO CHECK OUT JAKE'S OTHER BLOGS: