Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Apple Watch 4 Review



Apple Watch Series 4


I don't like to write reviews about products until I have had a chance to really use and thoroughly understand them, which is not the case. Apple Watch Series 4 has taken the Apple Watch from a fun toy to a serious tool watch! Especially with the increased sizes, which add significant ease of operation, visibility and emersion. There is something very right about the new form-factor. Also, the fact Apple went out of its way to make certain all Series 1, 2 and 3 band and straps are compatible is a huge deal! Being a bigger guy, I always thought the 42mm was too dainty. The 44mm is much more masculine. And MUCH easier to read and touch. 


Space Black Stainless Steel Apple Watch Series 4 on (PRODUCT) RED  Sport Band


This review primarily covers the two stainless steel Apple Watch Series 4 models in Stainless Steel (Silver), as well as the Space Black Stainless Steel model. I wear both as they are so similar but different.



In the photo below we see the Space Black Stainless Steel Apple Watch Series 4 on an Apple 44MM Cape Cod Blue Loop Strap. I like the Space Black Stainless Steel Apple watch a lot, but I am not crazy about the color or shade of black. In my mind its way too light. To my I would think it is more of a dark grey than it is a black. My Series 2 Apple watch had a much darker black color, which I much prefer. In the future I will do a side by side comparison of the two different shades of black to perfectly illustrate this point.



In the photo below we the 44MM Space Black Apple Watch 4 and a leather strap.


The photo below shows the same none OEM butterscotch leather sport strap as pictured above. This is an unusual strap as its clousure system is very similar to a classic Apple Sport Band.




In the photo below we see the 44mm Indigo Sport Loop.




This review is far from done, and as time permits I will update it. Once I feel this story is done, I will remove this notice.



New Watch Faces

I really like the new all digital infograph Modular face which is exclusive to the Series 4 Apple Watch, but I am not a big fan of the new analog version of the face.

In my opinion, Apple Watch needs to open up watch-faces to third-party developers. In other words, once people can design their own dials for Apple watch, it will be awesome! Will Apple ever allow this? It's hard to say, but I imagine at some point in the future it will be inevitable.




The Future Of The Apple Watch

I think Apple should come out with a 46MM Apple watch, which would make it even easier to see and use. Also, I think it is very likely in the future we will see the form factor evolve into a square version—meaning instead of being a tall triangle  it will be perfectly square, which will make it considerably wider. Doing so will allow for a much more immersive experience  I realize this might sound strange, but I would see the benefits of having a model that is wider than it is taller, which would make it much more like wearing a tiny iPhone on your wrist. One thing for sure is that it would allow you to watch movies on your Apple watch and have it look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU ENJOY JAKE'S APPLE WATCH WORLD BE CERTAIN TO CHECK OUT JAKE'S OTHER BLOGS: